Finally!!!...Irrigation!

Discussion in 'General Gardening' started by LilWilli, Nov 13, 2009.

1. LilWilli

LilWilli New Member

Found a used water pump that will make next year so much better on production at a garage sale awhile ago. $5!!!
    The old guy was a retired well man and said that the pump would draw from 40' down. My unused well has about 25' of water standing 20' down, so I oughta get pretty good flow.....A built-in impeller is a plus in my mind..Oh, I'll get more blackberries for sure, and my little stand of jujubes should do well also.

2. Charles

Charles New Member

Wow 5 bucks, nice find!

3. LilWilli

LilWilli New Member

The old soul was aged and friendley. We passed the time of day a bit before I saw the pump...Turns out that he had removed the pump for a friend who did not want or need it anymore. ...Just a good old guy with no lust for money anymore. :)
    Now, all I need is a bargain outlet for piping and fittings , and a layout to go by. First thing is to know what size pipe is the best buy if it will carry the water down a 75' row.

4. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Sounds like you got a great deal on the pump. Is it a submersable or jet style.

Need to go back and chat with the old fella some more about pipe sizing and lay out. I would think a quart of honey would go a long way.

G3

5. LilWilli

LilWilli New Member

It's a jet, so I can basically attach it to the existing pipes in the well (my Ruth Berry tank rusted out). I am very excited about all this. The great older guy said just let him know if I hit a snag, and he' come help. Bless him. He has aged gracefully and at peace.
    Thanks, G3
    Rick

6. G3farms

G3farms New Member

More than likely he would love to come and help out. I find that most of the older folks are just looking for someone to talk to. Most are a real wealth of knowledge since they have "been there done that". You are right about about some that outgrow the lust for money and even the material things in life, kind of a funny thing.

G3

7. Redcrane

Redcrane New Member

Go to berryhillidrip.com & take a look at thier stuff.

8. LilWilli

LilWilli New Member

I will do just that....THANKS!!!
    Rick