Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Nice bee tree cut out.

That is why I always try to mention to be careful while doing a bee tree. They are hollow and can split apart at any given time trapping you under it. the size and weight are nothing to take lightly.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Apropos to G3's comment, did you cut down the tree or did it fall down? From seeing the combs, I can't really tell the position of the tree when they were built. To me it seems that they were partially built while the tree stood and partially while it was lying down.
:coolphotos:

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It had blown over but not sure how long age. It was still alive though as it had geen leaves on it.

What was interesting was that there was quiet a bit of brood comb as you can see. Absolutly no capped honey at all. The very back comb had a small amount of uncapped honey that was thin, about like syrup. It just seemed like a lot of bees and brood to be in there with no capped honey at all.

They have been in the deep now for a little over a week and I have been feeding them. Gonna inspect tomorrow and see if we have signs of a queen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts