Finaly

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by Zookeep, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

Im no longer alone:Dancing: Anthony has joined me as a new beek in training, my oldest daughters husband, he has my old setup but has ordered his own and in the morning we are going out to the main yard and going through 6 double deep hives and 10 nucs, he has always wanted to do it but he had 2 full time jobs and no time, now he has 1 good job and wants to learn keeping, removals, and going to be on swarm calls, after the yard trip we are coming back to the house and making a batch of Blueberry Mead, Ill have pics posted of his maiden voyage sunday evening.

2. Zulu

Zulu Member

Very neat, another helper is always good.

Love to see your Mead recipe sometime too

3. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

What a great day for beekeeping, 85 degrees sunny with a lite wind, we started with the nucs, 9 of the 10 have laying queens now the 10th did but now they have 1 queen cell and brood of all stages with no queen. Then we moved onto a few double deeps and a few singles, we had alot of fun and anthonys hooked, 3 honey supers are full, 2 nines and a 6, Im going to have to buy a extractor soon

Attached Files:

4. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Zookeep, you are a lucky man! Nice brood pattern on that frame. Gear looks good. :thumbsup: Good weather, eager help! :thumbsup:
    Did you put that excluder on after they had drawn the comb, or was the comb already drawn? It didn't seem to slow 'em down. :thumbsup:

5. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

I had a few comb drawn and they just filled them and just kept drawing out more as needed, the excluder didnt seem to slow them down at all and thats Anthony in the pics wearing my old gear he is getting new gear soon, nuc E is ready for a 10 frame box 4 of the 5 frames in that nuc look just like the pic.