First Christian Church, Oak Ridge, TN Swarm

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by jmblakeney, Mar 29, 2012.

1. jmblakeney

jmblakeney New Member

Got a call first thing this am from the pastor who lives in the home that the church owns. Got there to find a swarm about 2-2 1/2' long x about 8" around or so. Turned out to be a simple swarm shake. The pastor and his wife had plenty of questions to ask and i answered them the best i could. He took some of my cards and said he would be happy to spread the word around at his church. I did take video and will upload it tonight.
    Man, 3 swarm calls, 1 trapout with G3 going on now, and 1 cutout to do with G3 later this week. And its still March.

2. jmblakeney

jmblakeney New Member

3. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Very well done!

If this was your first time you certainly didn't show it. Congratulations to both you and your son.
    And thanks for posting the viseo. :thumbsup:

4. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Good job there James, just love those easy peasy swarms, nice big one too!!

Better get an extra box on them they will build like crazy.

Is that Abbey's man I see in there?? :lol: You know I am just poking a little fun at him so relay it on.

5. jmblakeney

jmblakeney New Member

2012-03-30_08-54-28_694.jpg
    boy oh boy, never thought they could build comb this fast. This and two or three frames just like this was built overnight.

6. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Jim,
    Lovely swarm, lovely technique. Like an old hand at the business. You worked just right, slow and easy,calm and unhurried. The bees showed you their apreciation so far. I hope they build up well and give you a nice crop of honey!
    Nicest of all was that you've started your son Aden on the right foot. He'll be a natural and make you proud (as I'm sure he already does). :clap:

7. Marbees

Marbees Member

Jim, you are natural in the company of bees, that's great:thumbsup:

8. jmblakeney

jmblakeney New Member

Thank you all so very much. You aver very kind.
    Perry this was actually the second swarm that I have done. I have watched several vids over the past 2 1/2 yrs and taken a lot of advice from G3 as well. It is so much fun.
    I do try and take Aiden on as many as he wants to go on. I don't force him to go, he just kinda overhears the phone call when I get a swarm call and immediately starts asking, can I go, can I go?:thumbsup: It's a lot of fun with him around.

9. Medic1259

Medic1259 New Member

I think that great. Its awsome that he has no fear of bees. Bet you can't wait till he could hold the box, or shake the branch.

10. jmblakeney

jmblakeney New Member

He also hasn't been stung yet either. The bravery may dissappear when he does.

11. Eddy Honey

Eddy Honey New Member

Great video! Thanks so much for sharing!

12. Medic1259

Medic1259 New Member

I Hope not..lol

I havent been stung yet too. But I do have over 25hrs in a tattoo chair... Everyone sayse getting a tattoo is like getting stung by a bee ... I am hoping getting stung is like getting a tattoo...lol

13. jmblakeney

jmblakeney New Member

I had some blood work drawn earlier and the lady says it'll hurt like a bee sting. She stuck it in and i said "yikes dadgum, your wrong lady". :grin: I told her that i was a beekeeper and was just stung yesterday and they didn't feel like that. We carried on the conversation for a while and had a great talk.