Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend called and gave me a young doe. She's all packed in ice and waiting to be packed away.

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Our season.......

Bow and Arrow: Sept. 13 – Nov. 7
Muzzleloading: Nov. 8 – 14
Gun: Nov. 15 – Jan. 1

She was just a small one. Maybe 100 lb.

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I put the meat in the marinade tonight to make jerky tomorrow, just before I answered the phone. It was a call to come pick up another two hams and two shoulders. They kept the loins and ribs from this one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I love venison. Cubed and country fried with gravy is my favorite. A roast in the crock pot with taters and carrots ain't bad either! In my younger days, I have killed hundreds of deer. I kept my relatives freezers full of meat. (deer and hogs) Now days they seem to be further and further from the truck.

Steve

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BJ, the shop or house address??? For UPS?

What are sticks? I use only the backstrap for jerky.

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Watch for it. I decided to just send you a couple of live rattlesnakes and my jerky recipe. The meat will be fresher that way. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I won't get to see his face when he opens it, but I bet I can hear him from PA. to NC. Just so all can know when to hold your ears, here is the UPS tracking number.

I'm betting even Charles in Colo. will be able to hear him. :twisted: :yahoo:

1ZX343100350005520

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Iddee,

:yahoo:

My O' My! Words can not describe the package I got! :thumbsup:

The jerky is wonderful.

But why the huge box? And what is up with that wooden box you wrapped the jerky in?

Well.....Oh I see now......It's a swarm bee vac box! :clap:

Iddee....you have outdone yourself this time. Mere words just seem not enough to say thank you. This was a very huge surprise. Many things will be forgotten as I go through my lifetime. I do not think this will be one of them. I really appreciate your efforts and generosity.

Thank you very much!

Mike.

PS...May you get a really nice early Christmas present this year. ;) Afterall, you have been very good!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts