Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
An eating machine in the making, they can sure reak havoc on a garden! Nice resolution on that trail cam, what kind are you using?

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Don, please forgive my total ignorance on the topic: How does the trail cam work? What activates it to start filming? Is its' power supply by battery? How does it "know" when to stop filming? Does it broadcast to your home/computer or do you have to get out in the field to service it and see what it has filmed? :?:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
efmesch-

You hang it on a tree etc. There;s a Motion Sensor and movement triggers it. You set it to either take 1 pic, 3 quick pics, or a Movie up to 30 Seconds long. At night it has Infarred that sees in the dark but looks like red lights to us and I guess deer can't see red...There's an SD Card like on a digital camera and you pull it out after a week and see whats on it on your computer then put it back.

Did I make any sense? lol sorry I work Midnights and just woke up!

·
Registered
277 Posts
What size batteries does it use? I have a couple of older model Moultries that take good pictures but not very good video. The best thing about these is that they operate on 6 volt rechargeable batteries; all the new ones take 8 D size batteries and man does that get expensive!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts