First Honey Sale!

Discussion in 'Products of the Hive' started by srvfantexasflood, Nov 16, 2013.

1. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood New Member

I sold my first bottles of honey today. In addition to the two bottles I sold, that person wants 4 more. I have always given all my honey away in the past. This year, I have plenty to give away at Christmas plus extra for selling. Interesting thing is, I took her a "taste" yesterday, she grabbed a spoon and ate the whole thing! She was amazed that it tasted nothing like you would find in a store. (But we all knew that :wink:)

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Do it some more and you can actually start paying for all of the bee gear. :thumbsup: :lol:

3. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

......:yahoo:
    very cool! and as far as what perry said about paying for all the gear? well......i am still selling honey year after year to pay for all the gear.....:lol:

4. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Perry likes to encourage new beekeepers, i'll have to agree with my little bitty buddy.:shock: I've been beekeeping for almost 50 yrs. and i'm still buying gear, but i'll have to admit, i probably make enough off the honey to buy my wifes lawnmower gas.:grin:. Jack

5. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

There's a good feeling to being able to give away honey and a good feeling to being able to sell it. The best feeling is to be able to do both and decide when and to whom you do which. :thumbsup:

6. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

"Perry likes to encourage new beekeepers, i'll have to agree with my little bitty buddy.[​IMG] I've been beekeeping for almost 50 yrs. and i'm still buying gear, but i'll have to admit, i probably make enough off the honey to buy my wifes lawnmower gas.[​IMG]. Jack"

i think what my good friend jack isn't telling us is that he buys the gas for the lawnmower cuz his wife won't let him mow the lawn, cuz he runs over things like my neighbors do with a snow blower (makes hockey pucks out of flying tape measures) and i heard tell he also runs through her flower beds..........:lol:

7. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

Riverbee. That was jacks plan so he would get fired so he wouldn't have to mow the lawn. My wife's grand mother always told her, "if you don't learn how to do something, you will never be expected to do it". Maybe this theory works for Jack.

8. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

"Riverbee. That was jacks plan so he would get fired so he wouldn't have to mow the lawn."

..........:lol:

9. kebee

kebee Active Member

I think Jack has got a great wife like I have, he has so much other stuff to do that she is just helping him out and mowing the lawn for him so he can get the other work done. All great marriage I believe are based on helping one another out.

Ken

10. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Your right Kebee, i do have have a great wife and alot of other things to do, but i let them go until she is through mowing. She feels safe with me watching her mow in case she has trouble of some kind. There have been Bears and Mountain lion reports in some parts of Mo. Now if i could train Reb (my dog) to bring me a cold one while watching the wife mow, i wouldn't have to take my eyes off her.:thumbsup: Jack