I inspected my two hives today, They've been installed for a week from packages. Here are my notes. Everything seems ok, and I've already learned some lessons. Hive #1 This bunch got really vocal when I smoked them. I didn't use much, but several took flight when I removed the top feeder. It seemed to agitate them more than calm them. About 5 frames or so with comb. The two middle frames almost entirely filled out. Suspending the queen cage with a rubber band, they ate through the rubber band, I found the queen cage on the bottom of the hive. I was not able to find the queen, but I found a LOT of eggs, so I'm pretty confident here. I didn't see any larvae. They're eating the patty really well, it's about 60% remaining. There are also a lot of girls will filled baskets moving around, and lots of colorful pollen in the cells. They have consumed or moved about 75% of the syrup... in a week!... that's 1.5 gallons! wow. Lots of stored honey, or syrup, not sure. Very pretty bright orange pollen cells. Hive #2 This bunch became very very calm when I smoked them. It was a real pleasure working with them. About 5 frames or so with comb. Same as Hive #1 They destroyed the rubber band too. Found the queen cage on the bottom. They have consumed about 50% of the patty, and about 50% of the syrup. I could not find the queen. This one is marked too, I tried really hard. I did see some eggs, maybe half a frame, not as many as hive #1, but enough that if something happened to her they have options. Plenty of stored honey and pollen. So everything is looking pretty good. I don't think I'll use rubber bands next time, I don't like the idea of queen release from the bottom of the hive. I'll add more feed tomorrow, I don't have to open the hive to do this so they shouldn't even know I'm there.