Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this idea of taking fish oil pills to give myself some omega-3

Three per day, so the label says.

Not sure what exactly it supposed to do, but cleaning out a system has to rank up there at the top of the list.

I think I'll cut the number back to one. Afterall, I may want to leave the house sometimes soon....

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well, let's hope everything comes out alright. BTW----Fish oil is NASA's secret propellant----happy landings. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I think it is supposed to help your aching joints. Or maybe it just distracts you so you don't notice them any more??? :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Actually, I take it, and highly reccomend it. As you know, there are many benefits listed on the bottle, and I say that it all verifiable. Go ahead and jump in. At some time, you'll get the urge to swim upstream and spawn.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Rick~LilWilli

·
Registered
33 Posts
My doc recently put me on Fish Oil to lower my triglycerides. They want me to take 3 a day for 6 months and have another lipid profile to see if it works for me.
I have noticed it helps with the hmmm... cleansing flights. Not to the point of the runs for me though.
Maybe you need more fiber. ;) :D

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Brenda,
Funny you mentioned triglycerides.

Two years ago, my count was 525 :shock: The scale at the doctors office did even go that high. (I always seem to be chasing #1.....of course I do not need to go down the fish oil #2 story, or as my kids say....#3) :D

Anyways, I'm on Tricor, and it got the number down to the mid 100's. But my goal is to lose 50 pounds :beg: and get off the meds altogether.

Everything else checks out fine. If it were not for the triglycerides, I'd have the body of a 21 year old.....or at least as soon as I lose that 50 pounds..... :Dancing:

·
Registered
33 Posts
525! Wow! :eek: Mine was 287 this time and I thought that was high. My good and bad cholesterol were just barely low and high, so the doc thought if I could use Fish Oil to lower the trigs, the other can be brought in line by diet. Last time I got a lipid panel was 4 years ago and my LDL and HDL were low, low. Too low. One was 38 and the other was 48 and I can't remember which without looking at my report. Since then I found out that can be a sign of hidden cancer, and my doc (at the time) didn't follow up on it. I've since changed doctors.
On weight loss, I did lose 40lbs last year and gained it back this year. :| No way I'll ever have the body of a 21 yr old again. :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts