Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a quick question, I used to keep bees up north in new york years back so being here in Sarasota florida now ( southwest florida) was wonder if theres ever a time when somethings not flowering in this little part of heaven I live in? I realy never actualy gets cold enough for very long for the bees not to be flying around year round.

the Zookeep :confused:

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
rast or AmericanBeekeeper would be the best reference for your question. from what I can recall of central Florida (way to many years ago to admit) there were dearth periods when things were extremely thin generally associated with the dry periods of the year.

·
Registered
583 Posts
i am north of you in sumter county....there have been a couple of derths this year for me....one was right after the cabbage palm bloom died down not long ago....didnt end till the elephants foot bloomed....i spose if you live in a urban area like tampa it might be diffrent....i live in the sticks tho :/

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thnx alot every1 for the info, since it does not seem like the bees will be slowing down much during the hole year I think Im gonna use those great nuc plans on the forum (thnx Dcoates) and put up a few swarm traps all the time and maybe start a few new hives off the 2 I have now soon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts