Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my Oxalic acid grain alcohol mixture seems to have eaten the pump parts on my fogger. Now where did I put my vaporizer. I still have it, somewhere.

·
Registered
858 Posts
do you leave the bottle of ao mixture on the sprayer? alcohol will melt that plastic away, I dont think these foggers were designed to use alcohol based liquid in them..

·
Super Moderator
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually I removed the alcohol and OA jar and just put the plastic one on, but I didn't rinse it, I wasn't doing my best thinking last winter. So I get out on the local group FB page and find out that the fogger is not an approved use of Oxalic Acid. I didn't know that, My local mentor told me about the system but he says he told me it wasn't approved but worked real well. It's not approved.

·
Registered
858 Posts
well im one for stupid rules are meant to be broken, but thats me..technically in my county honey bees are not allowed..but I have them...it would be a PR nightmare for the county to take action when neighboring counties all allow honey bees...and the decline in honey bees is top of everyones list...Ill see how long the pump parts stay in one piece for me, I still have all my vaporizer stuff ready to go..

·
Super Moderator
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It worked so well but if I can't fix this fogger I'm throwing $60 away since it melted

·
Registered
858 Posts
i would call the company and complain, and se if they will give you replacement parts or if you can buy them for a reasonable price..

·
Super Moderator
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I may, but first I want to find the book for it, I see parts to order, but not sure whether all of them will fix it, and I'm clearing up paper around here in hopes of actually unearthing my vaporizer unit. Then deal with the fogger.

I do feel like it was operator error

·
Registered
858 Posts
no I dont think so, alcohol will dissolve plastic, a few years ago they put too much alcohol in gasoline and all the sending units in the gas tanks were damaged by the alcohol and the gas company had to pay to fix all the cars, so if the paperwork on the fogger doesnt specifically say dont use alcohol based products they should pay to fix the unit..

·
Super Moderator
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have to find the paperwork. But my paper recycling bin is getting full as the search heats up

·
Super Moderator
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
then how do you fix it when it breaks?

·
Registered
858 Posts
I was talking about your paper recycle bin..lol..im upstate now, when I get back ill look at the paperwork and see if they sell replacement parts for the sprayer..

·
Registered
858 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I ordered it from Amazon on youngest daughter's Prime account, and she handled the return and I shipped it out for about 80% credit yesterday. I think I just want to find my old OA Vaporizer unit and buy one of those plug in charging stations that Camaro 7 was talking about. Something easier than lugging a battery, and it is cheaper than a good truck battery. They have them at Harbor Freight, and I am familiar with their extended warranty, beats the daylights out of Home Depot's.

If I can't find it I think I want to build one rather than spend $80 for $10 worth of parts, if you can find me a plan Bob.

·
Super Moderator
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I sent that whole fogger back. If it's that easy to break, I don't want it. Thank you for looking around

·
Super Moderator
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
also the fogging of OA is not approved. While the vaporizer is, lol

·
Registered
858 Posts
ok, ill see how long mine lasts, I didnt mind the OA vaporizer with 1 hive, I have the portable battery pack so carrying wasnt an issue...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts