Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMG_20120408_200902-1.jpg

Minus handles, sanding and painting, I have built enough bodies for two more hives. This had better be all for this year before my beautiful queen makes me go live with bees in the back field, ha! I appreciate what is behind a large number of hives when I see photos of larger operations now. Besides time, hives are expensive even building them yourself. I didn't realize how much was invested in frames, foundations and bees alone.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
:rolling::rolling:might as well start selling off all of the other hobby junk, you got it and there ain't no cure!!

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do have alot of hobbies...thet will surely fall second to apiary fun. I haven't turned any wood, waxed or tweaked my car or watched any History channel for weeks now with bees on my mind. I'm hoping my garden will keep me busy enough while I wait for the times I can check on the progress of the hives. And Perry, I'm already proud to be a part of this club!

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
Bee fever had me out putting a swarmtrap on a bee tree late last night. Well that and garden fever, the bees decided I couldn't work in my garden. That has to change.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Things have gotten to the point now with my addiction that I'm not allowed to buy any more bee equipment until I sell enough honey to buy it. "BUT I NEED BEE EQUIPMENT TO SELL HONEY" :beg:It's a hopeless cycle of reckless abandon.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Blueblood,
When you smile as you're stung, you'll know that your addiction is severe. :eek:ldtimer:

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Blueblood,
When you smile as you're stung, you'll know that your addiction is severe. :eek:ldtimer:
I don't know Efmesch, I have always found it easier to smile when it's the other person that gets stung, (although I try not to let them see me do it)! :wink:

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
Aw Charlie - go do a cutout! It's great fun, extra cash, and buys woodware! :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts