Folks, I have beekeeping fever for sure...

Discussion in 'Bees' started by blueblood, Apr 8, 2012.

1. blueblood

blueblood New Member

IMG_20120408_200902-1.jpg

Minus handles, sanding and painting, I have built enough bodies for two more hives. This had better be all for this year before my beautiful queen makes me go live with bees in the back field, ha! I appreciate what is behind a large number of hives when I see photos of larger operations now. Besides time, hives are expensive even building them yourself. I didn't realize how much was invested in frames, foundations and bees alone.

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

:rolling::rolling:might as well start selling off all of the other hobby junk, you got it and there ain't no cure!!

3. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Welcome to the "club"! :lol:

4. blueblood

blueblood New Member

I do have alot of hobbies...thet will surely fall second to apiary fun. I haven't turned any wood, waxed or tweaked my car or watched any History channel for weeks now with bees on my mind. I'm hoping my garden will keep me busy enough while I wait for the times I can check on the progress of the hives. And Perry, I'm already proud to be a part of this club!

5. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

Bee fever had me out putting a swarmtrap on a bee tree late last night. Well that and garden fever, the bees decided I couldn't work in my garden. That has to change.

6. CharlieB

CharlieB New Member

Things have gotten to the point now with my addiction that I'm not allowed to buy any more bee equipment until I sell enough honey to buy it. "BUT I NEED BEE EQUIPMENT TO SELL HONEY" :beg:It's a hopeless cycle of reckless abandon.

7. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Go do you a few cut outs and all will be well again!

8. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Blueblood,
    When you smile as you're stung, you'll know that your addiction is severe. :eek:ldtimer:

9. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

I don't know Efmesch, I have always found it easier to smile when it's the other person that gets stung, (although I try not to let them see me do it)! :wink:

10. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

Aw Charlie - go do a cutout! It's great fun, extra cash, and buys woodware! :wink: