Fondant

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by TwT, Nov 23, 2009.

1. TwT

TwT New Member

Whats the going rate per pound for fondant, I know Bjorn gets the big blocks and maybe he will chime in, I found fondant at Walmarts and they want $18.00 for 5 pound block, I have a few more bakeries to check but the one's I went to already doesn't sale it, they say it cost them to much for shipping.

2. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

Ted,
    Go to the dawn foods website, and call to find out who is the closest distributor. If you have a bakery supply business nearby, who stocks it, and then supplies bakeries, this is who you want ot contact.

I can pick one or two blocks up at the distribution company or have it delivered. Last time I ordered, I paid 36.50 per 50 pound block delivered to my door.

Not sure where in Georgia you are but they have a regional distribution point in Atlanta, so someone near you probably is getting this product.

http://www.dawnfoods.com/Public/Managed ... /Index.asp

3. TwT

TwT New Member

Thanks Mike, I will call one of their sale people tomorrow and see whats close to me, I am about 2 hour ride from Atlanta, is there a certain size order that has to be made for delivery, if its in Augusta I will go pickup, even if I have to ride to Atlanta I will go, got about 12 hives in a out yard and some nuc's that aren't as full as I would like, its my fault, thought I had plenty of time to get them ready for winter and will still feed but with the fondant I can cut about 10-15 pounds a hive and they should do fine. Thanks again!!

4. TwT

TwT New Member

Ok Mike, I called them and they want to know what kind of fondant it is you get, he said there should be a product number on the box , all kinds to choose from, cake fondants, fondant base, icing fondants, I didn't know what kind to tell them so he gave me his direct number to call him back when I found out! seems like real nice people to deal with.

5. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

00071746 Bes-Fond Fondant (A fondant base for icings and confections)

SKU 0 29519 02625 7

Ingredients: Sugar, water, corn surup.

Net wt. 50 pounds

6. TwT

TwT New Member

Thanks ole Buddie :thumbsup:

7. TwT

TwT New Member

I called him (the sales man) back and ask if he had any in stock, he said let me see and then said yes we sure do, we have 50 blocks now and more on the way, how many would you like, I said ahh probably just 2 for now, he then asked if I could tell him what I was using them for and I said to feed bee's for the winter, he then said aw thats the first I heard of that but I will look and see if we have anyone that buys from us in your area and I will get you in contact with them and hey can pick it up for you when they come get their orders, sounds good to me, well that was this evening so I expect to hear from him in the morning, Thanks again Mike!!!