Food for thought!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Iddee, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Food for thought! : ) Might solve part of the health care problem.

Let's put the seniors in jail, and the criminals in a nursing home.

This way the seniors would have access to showers, hobbies, and walks, they'd receive unlimited free prescriptions, dental and medical treatment , wheel chairs etc. and they'd receive money instead of paying it out.

They would have constant video monitoring, so they could be helped instantly, if they fell, or needed assistance.

Bedding would be washed twice a week, and all clothing would be ironed and returned to them.

a guard would check on them every 20 minutes, and bring their meals and snacks to their cell. They would have family visits in a suite built for that purpose.

They would have access to a library, weight room, spiritual counseling, pool, and education.

Simple clothing, shoes, slippers, P.J.'s and legal aid would be free, on request.

Private, secure rooms for all, with an exercise outdoor yard, with gardens.

Each senior could have a P.C. a T.V. radio, and daily phone calls.

There would be a board of directors, to hear complaints, and the guards would have a code of conduct, that would be strictly adhered to.

The "criminals" would get cold food, be left all alone, and unsupervised.

Lights off at 8 PM, and showers once a week.

Live in a tiny room, and pay $5000.00 per month and have no hope of ever getting out.

Justice for all.

2. brendantm130

brendantm130 New Member

What are you suggesting? More help for our seniors, or less for our inmates?

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

4. riverrat

riverrat New Member

very well said. I have a boy with 2 years college under him. These kids are racking up incredible debts getting an education while criminals get higher education free of charge and will never use it in a constructive way.

5. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

oddly enough it seems the two services cost about the same thing.

6. Charles

Charles New Member

I'm with you Iddee :) add keeping the criminals medicated to oblivion and I'm ready to switch'em!

7. G3farms

G3farms New Member

That is a grand idea. I am for the chain gangs, tent cities and prison work farms, let them be self sufficient and quit sponging off of my tax dollars.

The old folks that have worked their whole life and made a great contribution to this country are treated like crap, stray dogs at the dog pound get better treatment.