Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call from a condo manager fri. night about a swarm. It was almost dark and I was an hour away so I told him that it would be in the morning. When I got there at 7:30 this is what they had.
Building Window Wood Brick Brickwork
So i set up a couple of ladders and raked them down into a NUC.
Window Ladder Fixture Building Plant Building Property Window Wood Brickwork
The weather was foggy and the bees were a little pissy. It had me concerened that they could be a little AHB.
I must have raked the queen down with the first big handfull because all that fell went down in the nuc.
I set the nuc on top of the ladders, against the building and started to get a march from the ones that was left.
Building material Rectangle Brick Brickwork Wall Plant Wood Brickwork Door Brick

I had to do a little smoking on some of the stubborn ones since I could'nt leave the nuc, But did'nt leave over a dozen bees since they had not started flying for the morning
The HOA said they would pay me for my fuel and we left with a swarm.

This morning about 1/3 of the bees were bearded on the front of the hive and I decided that it was to many for a nuc, so I moved them into a 10 frame deep with an inner cover, 2 quarts of 1 to 1 on top with an empty deep. They were very gentle when they were transfered so it relieved my tensions about aggresiveness.

Plant Wood Tree Grass Soil Plant Chair Wood Rectangle Natural material

Sorry this is so long but I wanted to show and tell the whole story.

junkhound

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Great story. Glad to see everything worked out well for you! Good pics, BTW.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Well done :thumbsup:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thanks for sharing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts