Forgot I had the camera!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PerryBee, Nov 6, 2013.

1. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

I have been trying to live trap a couple of domestic rabbits (son's idea) that were dumped off a the old beekeeper friends place a few months ago.
    These are big rabbits, one is pure white with bright red eyes, and the other is white with a bit of brown on the ears mostly.
    Anyway, I managed to catch the white and brown one a few days ago, turns out it is a female. I found a great home for it and am trying to catch the other one to join it.
    This morning on the way to drop my son off at school we thought we would swing by to check the trap.
    Well, there was the pure white rabbit about 4 feet away from the trap, and I thought "You bugger, get in there!"
    Then we realized he couldn't!
    There was a raccoon already filling up the trap! :rolling:
    The raccoon wasn't vicious or anything, mostly scared. I carefully let it go and it took off, scaring the rabbit in the whole process. I stopped at the grocers on the way to market this morning for another banana, apple and some lettuce for bait. So far these rabbits have cost me $100 for the trap, $5 for a bale of straw, and about $5 for food! :lol:
    The sad thing is that I had my camera in my pocket the whole time and didn't realize it until after I let the raccoon go. What a picture that would have made with the rabbit 4 feet away staring at the raccoon. I'll try and get a pic of the rabbit though. :wink:

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

3. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

I've made many rabbit traps out of scrap lumber as a youngster,(cost $ 0):lol: A white rabbit running around here wouldn't make it through the night,Bobcats,coyotes,Dog's,Hawks, ect. Hmmmm, how many white rabbits could i buy for $100.00,:roll: Hey iddee, i think i know where we can make some big money.:thumbsup: Jack

4. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

Be careful with those rabbits, Perry. They breed like rabbits! :cool:

5. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

6. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Watch for those rabbits from Caerbannog! You may need a Holy Hand Grenade. Anyway, Canada has Home Depot? Wow! That does seem steep for one of those traps. Our local animal shelter loans those out for free.
    [​IMG]

7. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

There are some who call me........................Tim?

Tim the Enchanter about rabbit.jpg