Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would just like to put out a gentle reminder, and if Charles and Iddee permit, a quote from the home page of this place!

"We are family friendly. If you're looking for an arguement about how to do something or are looking for a place to express your political views then this is not the place for you".

Just about everything in life can be approached in one of two ways, positively, or negatively. For most of us it is a choice we can make. I choose to be positive. No one expects everyone to think alike and as a result, sometimes there are differences of opinion. That is normal, that is healthy.
It is when posts become laden with disrespect, accusatory, and inflammatory, that clearly the positive tone has been lost. It can be uncomfortable for members to read and benefits no one. If on occasion, you feel the need to be disrespectful or arguementative, use the pm function.
If that is your nature, then "this is not the place for you". There are other forums, please go there.
I have left other forums because of the combative, disrespectful tone of some of the posts, and I am sure I am not alone. I am fortunate to have found this one.

I consider this forum my home and I behave in it as I would my own home.
I consider the people here that contribute and post in a friendly, positive manner, my family, and I take exception to anyone that is derisive or mean spirited to any member.
Life is short enough, live it positively! :grin:

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Here Here!

I am here (and not on other forums) for the same reasons, Perry. And a big thumbs up to Iddee, rat, G3 and the other moderators who are so responsible for making this forum feel like our homes!

Mike

·
Registered
586 Posts
Yep, same reason I'm here. Don't know if this post was the result of something I missed, but I totally agree with Perry's thoughts :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Well said Perry, I visit other forums but ALWAYS come here first and last for a breath of fresh air and honest even headed answers and chats.

·
Super Moderator
3,543 Posts
I left another forum to come here for
This reason. Is tagline "theft"
Permitted though?
Found myself saying
" bees are bees and they do as they
Please" to a chuch board on Sunday.
Gypsi

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
sorry for the disruption folks... me bad and I do know better.

and thanks for the reminder Perry. you have a nice soft glove way of reminding us of these kinds of things.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Now who would have thought that the grizzly bear of a man from the far north would have such a soft squishy center......:lol:

Hear hear Perry!!!

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Perry, well said. An important aspect of saying the right thing is saying it at the right time---not too soon, not too late. You hit the timing button directly on the head. :grin:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Haven't popped in in a long while. Been hanging out elsewhere. Just left Elsewhere because I couldn't believe how some people responded and what was tolerated. Nice to know chivalry's not dead. :) Nice to be back.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
glad to see you back scoob
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks Perry! i recently chose this forum over another (to remain unamed) forum for that very reason. I appreciate the efforts to keep it this way.

And i just want to thank all of you again for the patience and help you've already given me in my first season of beekeeping.

Pilot

·
Registered
379 Posts
Amen! I try to teach my newbees that everyone has their own opinion about things and they're entitled to have them! Thanks, PerryBee. Let's keep this place as wonderful as it is and not resort to meanness or rudeness. Let's leave that to "the other forum."

1 - 20 of 126 Posts