Found this interest link on building a Mason bee home

Discussion in 'Mason & other alternative bees' started by tmrschessie, Aug 7, 2013.

1. tmrschessie

tmrschessie New Member

2. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Looks easy enough. But best of all, maybe it will entice Omie back to giving us a posting with her comments ( :beg: )--you should look up some of her posts on raising Mason bees. She's a champ. :thumbsup:

3. tmrschessie

tmrschessie New Member

I have read most of her posts on this subject and thought it would save some money. Instead of buying the straws. Tom

4. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Tom, That's the way to do it, save on buying the straws, if you can use your ever ready, handy dandy chain saw, run it without gas. Then you can drill all the holes with a hand operated drill. (I can loan you mine if you'd like, It's been around, almost unused, for the past 40-50 years). :lol:

5. tmrschessie

tmrschessie New Member

Don't have an electric chain saw and have a drill....the old Sthil chain saw when sharpened will make the cut in less then a minute...Still way less expensive then the straws and shipping....Have chain saw will travel...LOL Tom

6. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

tom, way cool! i think i shall have to try this as well. great video by this guy, and thanks for sharing the link, i thought i would post it here:

[video=youtube_share;EDNWREbdHWQ]http://youtu.be/EDNWREbdHWQ[/video]

7. tmrschessie

tmrschessie New Member

riverbee, your more then welcome. He has several good video relating to bee keeping. Tom