Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
That is just the kind of mechanical contraption that I love!

However, I am picturing an irate wife who's car is now parked outside in the snow....

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
snip..
However, I am picturing an irate wife who's car is now parked outside in the snow....

tecumseh:
well yea and that is likely why the fellow went to the trouble to build the contraption.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I can't wait to go home and see the vid now... I've spent the last week or so learning how to make my own frames. Made one mistake that cost me a board when I didn't think about the direction of the grain before trying a process I thought would work... worked great except for the fact that they were cut across the grain so they were too weak to use for anything other than smoker-fuel. Oh well, that mistake only cost me a $5 board... and since then I have been successful and the savings by building them myself are fantastic!! Especially since it finally utilizes the cut-off pieces from building boxes. My new cost per frame is now somewhere around 20 cents per frame. There's a good bit of savings there... and in this economy, if I can spend a day working in the shop to keep $50 in my pocket... well that's something anyway.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Holey Moley :shock:

Did you check out the name on that machine? (Brandt)
Just so happens that's my last name!
Better start checking the family tree and see if maybe I got some distant relatives I need to get in touch with! :drinks:

Perry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts