frame building machine, pretty cool..............

Discussion in 'Building plans, blueprints, and finished projects' started by G3farms, Sep 1, 2010.

1. G3farms

G3farms New Member

2. Ducks®™

Ducks®™ New Member

That is cool! Thanks for sharing.

3. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

way cool.. nice find G3.

4. Hobie

Hobie New Member

That is just the kind of mechanical contraption that I love!

However, I am picturing an irate wife who's car is now parked outside in the snow....

5. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

snip..
    However, I am picturing an irate wife who's car is now parked outside in the snow....

tecumseh:
    well yea and that is likely why the fellow went to the trouble to build the contraption.

6. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

I can't wait to go home and see the vid now... I've spent the last week or so learning how to make my own frames. Made one mistake that cost me a board when I didn't think about the direction of the grain before trying a process I thought would work... worked great except for the fact that they were cut across the grain so they were too weak to use for anything other than smoker-fuel. Oh well, that mistake only cost me a $5 board... and since then I have been successful and the savings by building them myself are fantastic!! Especially since it finally utilizes the cut-off pieces from building boxes. My new cost per frame is now somewhere around 20 cents per frame. There's a good bit of savings there... and in this economy, if I can spend a day working in the shop to keep $50 in my pocket... well that's something anyway.

7. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Holey Moley :shock:

Did you check out the name on that machine? (Brandt)
    Just so happens that's my last name!
    Better start checking the family tree and see if maybe I got some distant relatives I need to get in touch with! :drinks:

Perry

8. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Wow that's really neat.