Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,547 Posts
I'm a fairly new beek, but I'd call that a "work in progress". They ran out of waxworkers or flow, and aren't finished, but may still be working on it. Look to be in fact.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Natural colonies of bee comb are not square but rounded. They'll fill to the edges when they need that room at the edges. :smile:

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Try Perry's method to encourage the bees to complete the construction. Otheriwse, they'll start nibbling away the foundation. But don't try to encourage new construction by feeding syrup--you don't want to mix that with honest honey.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Looks like plastic foundation, they don't work it for me like they do wax.:roll: Ok,Ok, i'll go to the back of the Bus with Murrell.:lol: Jack

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
If old mother hubard has nothing to put in the cupboards, then no need building new cabinets!!
Old mother Hubard went to the cupboard to get her poor daughter a dress, when she got there the cupboard was bare, and so was her daughter I guess!

Yes slower honey flow. The bees secret wax when they are forced to hold the nectar in there honey [FONT=&quot]stomach for an extended time, as the flow slows down or stops and the nectar is ripened [/FONT] the volume decreases and the bees move the honey to fill cells and cap them once they have a moisture content under 17%

1 - 10 of 10 Posts