This is a trap out I did last year on a chimney. I did get a box of bees but the SHB took over on the combs in the chimney and made a R-E-A-L mess. There were thousands of SHB maggots that crawled out of the fireplace insert and onto the hardwood floor after the comb got hot and collapsed to the bottom of the fireplace. Needless to say the Lady of the house was not happy about this. Anyway here are a couple of pics of the set up. There were actually two flues, I put boards on both sides of both flues, the ends and then one in between. The trap cone on plywood was just barely tacked in place and a light bead of silicon to seal it off. The idea was that after the bees had quit exiting the cone that I could just give the rope a good pull and the plywood and cone would come off since the home owner really did not want me walking on his roof. In the end I was allowed on the roof since he did not want to rent a lift again.