FREE - Honey book give-away - The Honey Connoisseur

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by clinch, Jun 24, 2013.

1. clinch

clinch New Member

I am offering another "Give Away" on my blog. This time, I'm giving away a copy of the brand new book: The Honey Connoisseur by Kim Flottum and Marina Marchese.

I recently reviewed this book on my site and the publisher has graciously offered a copy for me to give away.

Please visit http://bees.chrisinch.com/contests/ for more details and to enter!

Honey_Connoisseru_S13_jkt_v3_hires_noSpine-236x300.jpg

2. tmrschessie

tmrschessie New Member

Howdy, just entered your contest. Hope I did everything correctly....lol Tom

3. clinch

clinch New Member

I am trying new software to accept contest entries so I hope it's working well for everyone.

Good luck Tom!

4. ORoedel

ORoedel New Member

This would be a great presente to our friend Otávio Cipriani... but it´s only for north americans :-(

5. Iddee

Iddee New Member

I get so steamed when I read a news article and want to leave a comment, then find that they only accept comments from people that subscribe to social sites.

Even tho you offer entries to email only, the social networkers have 3 or 4 times better chance of winning than I do. Therefore, I think I will sit this one out and wait until one comes along that is equal to all members.

PS. Not being available to international members also disturbs me.

6. clinch

clinch New Member

Hi Iddee. Thanks for your feedback. I can understand your sentiments. I contemplated replying and decided to post this in case others are in the same boat as you:

From my perspective, I've offered the social networking entries to help "spread the word" about the contest and my blog, since simple email entries don't contribute to "sharing".

Please note that I am not a commercial establishment and I don't make a penny running my blog. (You'll notice there are no ads on my site). I run the give-aways on my own dime and time and the Canada and US limitation is to keep shipping costs down.

Perhaps one day, there will be enough followers that I could place ads on my site, and make some money to afford bigger contests with world wide shipping. But until then, I've decided to keep things simple.

Anyway, I do greatly appreciate your feedback and will take it into consideration in the future.

Chris

7. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Sounds good to me. I'm not the only person in the world and things don't have to be tapered just for me. I can live with it, but just had to sound off a bit. :smile: