funny as heck

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by Zookeep, May 29, 2014.

1. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

ok get a call "I GOT BEES!!!!" so I run on over and go into the back yard and theres a few flying around and she says there were more. ok so start checking the area I figure I missed the swarm and go over near the fence and pick up this 1 big sunflower to get it out of my way, the face of the flower is about a foot off the ground leaning over, as I pick it up Im thinking wow this flower is heavy, what you see in the pic is only about 1/3 of the bees, I had started right away getting the bees onto a wet frame when the wife told me to stop so she could get a shot.

Attached Files:

2. hlhart2001

hlhart2001 New Member

3. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

Great photo thanks for sharing I have a plant lady \ beekeeper friend Sheila and I will send it to her.
    Halley There is a beekeeping lady Sheila that has been growing bee plants and promoting planting for bees for the past 20 years. When she was first getting into bees she asked the head of the apriy branch what she could do for her bees? He replied FEED THE BEES, Provide the bees a consistence diet thru the entire year. She has put together a list of bee plants that grow in our region. On the summer solaces she hosted a plant swap and a tour of some of the plants she grows at her home in Kelowna. All are welcome, it's a bring a plant take a plant or 3 or 4 affair. It runs from about 5 PM till 8 PM.

4. hlhart2001

hlhart2001 New Member

I have ongoing blooming bee/pollinator friendly plants in our garden...catmint, lavender, russian sage, various herbs, coneflower, rudbeckia, flax, bee balm, asters....always try to plant with the bees in mind:)) Sounds like a great place to visit..we are far away though. Have two good local nurseries that I buy from:)