Funny call

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by Fuzzystuff, May 17, 2013.

1. Fuzzystuff

Fuzzystuff New Member

Received a funny call from a guy that said over the weekend a swarm moved in somewhere because they found some dead bees in the house. By Wednesday he figured out they were in his chimney so he calls a chimney guy who tries to spray water on them to get them to leave then tells him to turn on his fireplace to chase them out. All it did was cause them to move to the outside of chimney. I told him if they are still there tonight before dark to let me know and I will be out first think in the morning to collect them but it is going to cost him because I have to get on a ladder he said no problem which is good since he lives in a neighborhood of $500,000+ homes.

Less than an hour later got another swarm call and passed if off to a friend.

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Never have figured out why they always call the beekeeper last :lol:

I got a funny one today also. Lady calls and says bees have moved into a wall and wanted to know if I knew where Market Square was at, I said I did. She was telling me which building it was in and i told her I knew exactly which one since I took care of the fire sprinklers in it. Turns out they had just bought the building and are renovating some of the lofts and would have called me in a couple of weeks to come look at the work that needed to be done. By the time I got there the bees had flew the coop!

3. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Had a call from SWMS college (in Springfield, Mo.) last week at a girls dorm, The manager said there was a big swarm in a bush by there entrance and would i please come and get them. Well they was on a bush alright, but they were working the blooms on it. I told her there was nothing i could do, but they would leave after the bush stops blooming and they wouldn't bother anyone if they don't bother them. The manager said she was going to get rid of the bush later on and she would call me if i wanted it, i told her i did, but nobody knows the name of if. So i guess i got something out of it.:roll: Jack

4. Yankee11

Yankee11 New Member

Drove about 15 miles for this one today :)

Got call about this one today. Someone saw it from the road. From the road it looked like a swarm. It was just a big knot of some kind on the side of the tree.

I sent picture to my partner (who is out of town), told him it took 3 deeps to get them all. I should probably level with him. Ah, maybe tomorrow. :lol:

20130517_172644_resized.jpg

5. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

We have lots of those up here, they are called burls!

:rolling::rolling: Too funny Yankee11 :rolling::rolling: :thumbsup:

6. G3farms

G3farms New Member

that's a good one yankee!!

7. Fuzzystuff

Fuzzystuff New Member

thats funny I had to zoom in on that picture too.

Went to the house and climbed the ladder 28ft in the air only to vac up a bunch of bees that were about dead. Went ahead and clean the melted comb. From best I could tell a swarm moved in about a month or less and when they fired up the gas fire place they cooked the queen because she was not with the bees on the outside and there were a ton of dead bees and melted comb on the inside. Owner asked if I could scrape and clean the chimney. I told her I can do whatever she wanted I'm on he clock.

2hrs later had a few bucks in my pocket and a bunch of queen less bees. I shook them out in the field since they were looking pretty sickly I didn't want to combine them with a hive.