Funny thing happened on the way to Pick up a Bee Package...

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by HisPalette, May 12, 2012.

1. HisPalette

HisPalette New Member

I was headed down the road to pick up my package of Wayne's Bees (all installed and happy honeys, by the way) when I was stopped at the end of the road, by a neighbor...The infamous "Do you tend bees?" - Okay, lots runs through you mind... do I or don't I... (Biggest smile) Yes, I do! (proudly).

Well, her old abandon house, two properties down from us, has...
    "A bunch of honey bees in there if you want them!":think:
    Now, I know where our swarm went! :yahoo: We have walked the woods looking for those buggers!

Now, I am probably way over my head here... second story, inside the inner and outer wall, going in a "knot hole by the window"... Egads!!! (help??):doh:

Steve and I will investigate the situation on Monday... (and hopefully bribe a bee club member to assist???) Its a freebee because she doesn't care if they stay there...But I kinda want our honey bees back!

Funny thought....I can imagine the "Oh, crap" look on my old queen's face when I show up!

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Draft Bobby Jenkins to help and tell him I said to. :D

3. HisPalette

HisPalette New Member

Meeting Monday! I will see how that works for me! :lol:

I couldn't resist! I had to drive there and check it out... Those ladies look very familiar!
    I love old houses and this had to have been pretty in its day... It is an elderly neighbor's Grandmother's home maybe 130+ years old... The legustrums are massive and fragrant! and covered in honey bees! Now I know where our ladies have been hanging out!
    It was actually lived in until 10 years ago when a tornado took it off its foundation. Even so, I still don't want to personally do much damage to her memories when we do the cut out.
    The honeys are entering in a knot hole a foot to the left of the bottom of the second story window. We could not get inside, a rain gutter had fallen blocking the side door. Steve will have to help this week...FUN!

P1010062.JPG P1010065.JPG distance.jpg home2.jpg P1010053.JPG P1010061.JPG