Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was headed down the road to pick up my package of Wayne's Bees (all installed and happy honeys, by the way) when I was stopped at the end of the road, by a neighbor...The infamous "Do you tend bees?" - Okay, lots runs through you mind... do I or don't I... (Biggest smile) Yes, I do! (proudly).

Well, her old abandon house, two properties down from us, has...
"A bunch of honey bees in there if you want them!":think:
Now, I know where our swarm went! :yahoo: We have walked the woods looking for those buggers!

Now, I am probably way over my head here... second story, inside the inner and outer wall, going in a "knot hole by the window"... Egads!!! (help??):doh:

Steve and I will investigate the situation on Monday... (and hopefully bribe a bee club member to assist???) Its a freebee because she doesn't care if they stay there...But I kinda want our honey bees back!

Funny thought....I can imagine the "Oh, crap" look on my old queen's face when I show up!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Draft Bobby Jenkins to help and tell him I said to. :D
Meeting Monday! I will see how that works for me! :lol:

I couldn't resist! I had to drive there and check it out... Those ladies look very familiar!
I love old houses and this had to have been pretty in its day... It is an elderly neighbor's Grandmother's home maybe 130+ years old... The legustrums are massive and fragrant! and covered in honey bees! Now I know where our ladies have been hanging out!
It was actually lived in until 10 years ago when a tornado took it off its foundation. Even so, I still don't want to personally do much damage to her memories when we do the cut out.
The honeys are entering in a knot hole a foot to the left of the bottom of the second story window. We could not get inside, a rain gutter had fallen blocking the side door. Steve will have to help this week...FUN!

Building Window Daytime Property Flower Flower Plant Window Wood Building Plant Sky Natural landscape Cloud Branch Sky Building Plant Tree Window Cloud Building Plant Sky Window Flower Plant Petal Lemon myrtle Tree

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts