G3 gettin' swarmed with swarm calls

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by Bens-Bees, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

G3's out gettin' a couple of swarms this morning... I know 'cause I talked to Lynda (KCBA president) about one and referred the other one to him. Go get 'em George... I gotta go swap out boxes on my trap-outs this morning or I'd be tempted to go get 'em myself.

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Some folks are haven all the fun! :D

3. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Nope no swarms here!!

The first one was a tree at the back of the property (actually across the barbed wire fence) that the home owner wants a trap out done :thumbsup:

The second one was another bee tree in UT's arboretum over in Oak Ridge. The tree was down from the storms the other day, big hollow oak tree way back in the back of the property, it had fallen across the road/walking trail. Richard (the director) asked when I could get it, I said the chain saw is in the truck. He rounded up some help, Bo and Evon, an extra chain saw and the tractor with front end loader. We cleared out the limbs and finally got the trunk cut and out. We stood it up against another tree and put a ratchet strap on it. I do not hold out much hope for these poor little ladies, there was so much water pour out of the log and looked like the combs were crushed together. We will see.

4. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Well glad you're taking care of them... especially glad, the last thing I need right now is another trap-out. I spent all day just trying to play catch-up... it was actually pretty enjoyable to be catching up for once instead of falling further behind.