Garden recap!

Discussion in 'General Gardening' started by BjornBee, Oct 1, 2009.

1. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

How was everyone's garden?

Except the weeds and cool/wet weather, I grew for the first time asparagus and blueberry bushes. Of course no harvest yet of either, but they grew great!

I'm already planning for next spring..... :Dancing:

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

dug a few potatos last night, having a pretty good crop of them, corn did really well, okera did really well, melons grew really well but had a yucky taste, cucumbers everywhere but the vines died out fairly quick, tomatos did good, can not find the onions for the weeds.

I have four peach trees that I need to get into the ground.

G3

3. Redcrane

Redcrane New Member

Dug sweet potatos today, pulled up old tomoto & pepper plants and spread a truck load of compost. Also planted 48 collard plants. Fri I've got to get 1 more load of compost spread.

4. Hobie

Hobie New Member

Still picking the remnants of broccoli and letting the remaining side-shoots go to flower for the bees. Got a 1/2 pint or so of raspberries yesterday. Habanero peppers are late and I'm hoping they will have time to finish up. Chard is still viable, and I have carrots out the wazoo.

Tomatoes, squash, and beans are pretty much compost. Winter squash was a total bust this year, so I will have to *shudder* buy some if I want any.