Gifts From The Garden

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Scotty Bee, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Scotty Bee

Scotty Bee New Member

Picked this morning. I tend to pick them a little early to prevent splitting and cracking with this 100+ degree heat we are enjoying.

[​IMG]

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Slice of bread, a little butter, a few slices of the ripest one of those, sprinkled with some diced onion, salt and pepper and just a skiff of mayo and Um Ummm!

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Gotta add a piece of lettuce to that, Perry

4. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Don't forget 4 or 5 slices of bacon. :thumbsup: Now that's liven. :lol: Jack

5. Omie

Omie New Member

MMMMmmmmmm!!!!
    What type of large tomato are those?

My large heirloom tomatoes are still about 1" little green balls. The cherry tomatoes are still flowers! Onions are about 1" around too. lol!

But we're eating TONS of fresh garden salads with lettuces every day though!

6. Scotty Bee

Scotty Bee New Member

The largest ones are beefmaster, the mediums are better boys and early girls, the smaller red are San Marzano, and the little gold ones are Sun Gold. I did have the beefmasters with some thick sliced peppered bacon and lettuce on toast with a little mayo. I like to slice the mediums on a cold plate and sprinkle a little garlic salt and shredded parmesan.

I'm eating them as fast as I can and they are producing like crazy, but I am leaving for Utah for 10 days for some rafting this week. My friend will reak havoc on my precious tomatoes while I'm gone. If I am lucky, he will leave some for me to be ready when I get home. I guess that is a small price to pay for checking on things for me.

7. afterburn001

afterburn001 New Member

100 degrees? We are still waiting for more then one day at 70 :beg: