Gimme a break!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PerryBee, Feb 4, 2013.

1. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Are you kidding? More shoveling, no school, poor bees!
    Jack, did you have something to do with this? :cool:

snow 001.jpg snow 002.jpg snow 003.jpg snow 004.jpg

2. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Nope, i don't even like to say the "S" word.:roll: Jack

3. jb63

jb63 New Member

A long time ago I took a pair of rubber pack boots to the tire store and had them shoot some studs in the soles.I had to pre-drill the holes for them, but they worked great.So If life gives you snow ,make studded snow boots(a northern take on the whole lemon/lemonade thing).

4. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

I have a pair of leather boots that i put hex headed screws in the soles for the ice storms we have here. Without them it is almost impossible to walk on the ice, works great and cheap.:thumbsup: Jack

5. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Ooooh, by the way Perry, take the boots off before you put the screws in the soles, just in case your screws are to long.:lol: Jack

6. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

Golf shoes with screw in cleats or become a logger and cork boots with cleats.

7. Ray

Ray Member

Studded snow tires. The police and the mail carriers are the only ones allowed to use them in Michigan. My Dad modified an old screw driver and God only know how many of those carbide studs I pried out of snow tires. He got the tires cheap and my labor was (almost)free.

How many of you'all remember Galoshes?

8. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

poor poor Perry, Ill be thinking about you and the snow while Im in my T-shirt doing a removal today:lol::rolling::yahoo:

9. Barbarian

Barbarian New Member

Some consolation

Another blast of winter.

Perhaps you should console yourself with the thought that the bees will be having their season clock reset for the coming year.
    The gardeners will be relishing the idea of all those over-wintering pests being thinned and the soil being opened by the frost.

What do the Africanized Honeybees and the Small Hive Beetles do in a cold climate ?

If you have any surplus hob-nails, you can always use them as entrance reducer stops. - :smile:

10. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

i did what jack and jb63 said, i too own a pair of 1000 denier leather boots. i was using chains or yak trax you can slip on and off the boot. the yak trax work really good. i had some extra hex studs leftover from my wading boots. so i drilled tiny holes, and used those studs on the soles, and they can be easily removed.

the hard part is driving around in a vehicle with them on or going into the grocery store....work great on snow and ice but on slick surfaces.....you might fall on your keister :lol:

we have another blast of winter here too perry, i have been shoveling for 3days, and today its snowing again...

barbarian we don't have afb here in wisconsin, and i am also fortunate not to have shb.

11. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

as my momma said long ago...

even a duck is smart enough to fly south come the first signs of winter.....

12. Adam Foster Collins

Adam Foster Collins New Member

Perry, I didn't know you had a white truck... I thought it was blue...