Glacier Theme

Discussion in 'Forum News' started by Charles, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Charles

Charles New Member

I'm going to be making some upgrades to the board soon and one of the things I want to do is make some changes to the main theme (glacier). I've gotten feedback from members that the changing blue color when you move your mouse around is not comfortable on the eye's so I'm going to fix that.

The crazy blue background will probably be replaced too, any other feedback?

Thanks!

Charles

2. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

Can you make it fit the screen without scrolling right to left? For some reason that is the most irritating thing for me.

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

The intermittent scroll, rather than smooth.

The lack of contrast between the print and the background in each line.

The font is smaller than any other site I go to. I would have to go into it and enlarge the font each time I signed on, then change it back when I left it.

4. G3farms

G3farms New Member

When typing out a rather long reply, after so many lines it keeps jumping back to the top of the page every time you type a character. You can not see what you are typing at the bottom of the page.

G3

5. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Maybe move chat to the top of the page?????

G3

6. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

Looks fine to me. Whatever else will be fine too, I'm sure.

7. Hobie

Hobie New Member

Frankly, I never noticed that the blue changed color as you moved your mouse. Actually, I tried it just now, looking for it, and I still can't see it.

8. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

Ditto Hobie. No sign of it on my computer screen.

9. Charles

Charles New Member

Thanks for the input guy's. I've made some changes and will be upgrading the site tonight. Chat will be moved to the top and will be smaller. Sorry Mama Beek, I can't change the width but I'll be updating subsilver2 as well and that one will not cause a scroll bar at the bottom.

10. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

>>>thanks for all the work you do Charles.... it truly is appreciated!<<<

I second that motion!!

G3

11. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

yep charles I will thirdzy that... looks nice.

12. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

Charles, is that really a bee in the upper left corner? Looks kinda chubby and the wings don't look right to me. But it is probably just me. Where did you find it?

The new format will take some getting used to and then it will be routine. I didn't have any problems w/ what was before and I'm sure I will not have any problems now. I'll let you know if I do.

Thanks for what you do.

Mark

13. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

When i click on "View active topics", I get nothing. Is this happenning to others?

14. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Don't know for sure, but since the whole forum was completely revamped last night, it likely hasn't had time to produce any active topics. I would think the history would have been wiped out when it was reloaded.

15. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

But aren't we active? Wouldn't all of today's post qualify as "active"? Just asking.

16. Omie

Omie New Member

I never liked the Glacier style, so I always use Subsilver. This morning I got a shock to see all the text noticeably smaller in Subsilver. It's a little harder to read and since there is always plenty of screen space I'm not sure why the text now needs to be smaller. I won't go to the trouble of switching text size back and forth though every time I come here.

I also have to say that for me anyway, it's annoying to have the chat at top. Between the top chat and the usual top banner, now I always have to scroll down past it before I can properly see the forum categories. I guess that's great for the people who use the chat but not good for those who don't.

Aside from those complaints, I do want to thank you for your hard work and efforts, I enjoy the forum. :)

17. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

And here I fussed at my hubby this morning because I thought he did something to the computer to make the font smaller! :oops: I guess at least now I know I'm not the only one who is squinting at the screen.

Other than the tiny letters I really like the way it looks now!

18. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Omie I am sorry you don't like the chat at the top, that was my suggestion to move it. Reason was several people did not even know we had a chat because they never scrolled down to the bottom of the page. I am on another forum (not bee related, welding) and did not know they had a chat for almost six months.

I really does not matter to me, just thought new folks could find it quicker.

mama beek, I have no idea how I posted inside of your post, oh well stranger things have happened I guess ;)

G3

19. Omie

Omie New Member

Hi G3,

When the chat was at bottom, lots of times it was not showing, other times I'd see it there. Not sure why that was, since I never did anything about chat anyway or clicked on its settings. I remember the first time it appeared at bottom on main page i thought Hey they never had that there before!- then it kept appeaaring and disappearing erratically- so maybe that's the problem as opposed to its location?

All the text is definitely smaller now though, even the thread headings and forum titles....it's all harder to read because of that. That's my main problem. ;)

20. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Yeah I have a problem with the smaller text myself, last eye exam I got the lady said it was caused by too many birthdays.

G3