Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is Oct.24, 2010 and i still have tomatoes on live green vines :confused: The wife said she was going to make green tomatoe relish this week, the temp. is supposed to drop to 35f thrus. night and i'm in a valley.Fore as long as i remember by oct, 10th to 15th at the latest we have a hard frost and many times i've seen snow on Halloween. :confused: Jack

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
the el nino effect?

I certain see the net effect of el nino here. my planning (relative to the bee) falls around this established and known weather patterns.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the tomatoe's come off today, weatherman say's upper twenties tonight :wave: tomatoe's. The turnips finally made and the neighbors are filling feed bags full. Several have told me their turnips never made or they died, and wanted to know how come mine done good. I tell them you have to be smarter than a turnip :mrgreen: , they grin and mumble something and walk off. :lol: Jack

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd like to have some of that global warming about now. The temp. is heading toward zero for tonight and not going to get out of the twenties till next week. :shock: Jack

·
Registered
382 Posts
brooksbeefarm said:
I'd like to have some of that global warming about now. The temp. is heading toward zero for tonight and not going to get out of the twenties till next week. :shock: Jack
Yeah, true, but the wind is the killer, brutal !!
Especially when you have tarps & plastic covering holes in the house !!

Murrell

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Murrell, that has to be a cold helpless feeling with the weather were having. Hang in there, good weather is just weeks ahead now. :thumbsup: Jack

1 - 10 of 10 Posts