God Bless Harbor Frieght!

Discussion in 'Beekeeping 101' started by Papakeith, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Papakeith

Papakeith New Member

17.95 for a brad/crown stapler. This thing is the shiznitz! :thumbsup:

Made the frame assembly job so much easier (and quicker).

2. blueblood

blueblood New Member

I am not the only one who will tell you this but it seems Harbor Freight's staples are inferior and jam up the tip. I buy all my staples and brads from Home Depot/Lowes that are name brand and have had zero problems...

I needed a hammer drill for mixing thinset for ceramic/porcelain tile work but the lowest one at the big box stores was around 80 bucks! I found one at HF for 39 dollar range and it works great! HF is great for that one tool you won't use all the time. However, I have used that hammer drill for tons of things and it still works like a champ.

3. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

They work great as long as they work, i'm on my third one.:roll: Jack

4. blueblood

blueblood New Member

I never found a narrow crown at HF. I eventually found a 30 dollar one at Menards. You have to really closely at Menards for their items. My crown stapler was on a shelf about two feet over my head hiding. The young employees, as is the case at my Menards, did not know what a crown stapler was let alone where it was in the store....

5. Papakeith

Papakeith New Member

well yeah, but that's what everyone knows walking through the door. Or, at least they should know that.

I don't know how long it will last, but at <20$ It was worth a shot.

Thanks for the heads up on the staples.

6. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Put a drop of oil in the air entry every time you use it. It will last many times more.

7. Zulu

Zulu Member

Yep, Iddee as always has the right idea, all these tools still need maintenance, and if not well made you need more preventative maintenance. Also don't abuse them, stick to the min specs they tell you. If you need bullet proof , pay for USA or German Made.

I oil my pneumatic tools most times i use them.

My Harbor Freight riveter ,is almost 10 years old , built two race cars with it, at least 10,000 rivets ......still works fine. My Brad nailer is 5 years old , no issues and many a trim job complete.

My 1/4" stapler is much younger , but nary an issue and only one jam so far as I remember.

My nibbler shears broke first time out, they replaced it, 6 years ago, still fine.

As for drills , drills last great, damn batteries don't , electric tools, well, not as much luck , burnt out a sander and a drill. But so cheap, so no expectation.

Broke a few hand tools and they replaced them, but I am pretty hard on some tools.

Value for money without an expectation of lifetime warranty, even though some do have that too.

8. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

The two i replaced still work, but got so they would jam to often and i had to take the head off with the allen wrench and dig the wadded staple out.The one i have now is about 3 years old and not given me any trouble:thumbsup:. I use to buy frames by the case and just wore them out, i now buy frames from a club member and the are assembled, so i don't use the last riveter as hard as the first two.I do use oil like iddee said,but nothing last forever. Jack

9. DLMKA

DLMKA New Member

I've got the HF stapler/brad nailer too. Build probably 100 frames with it so far. I need a frame assembly jig to really speed things up but I will say my fingers like not having to hold those tiny brads.