Good Club Turnout

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by brooksbeefarm, Apr 30, 2012.

1. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Last Sat. was our first club outing, pot luck lunch and working hives for new and old members at my farm.Showed how to, and let newbees see if queens were released in nuc's, transfered 5 frame nuc's into 10 frame deeps and inspected several working hives. They also found out my poor beekeeping ability, found two hives about to swarm ( with capped queen cells). I showed them how to take the frames with queen cells and we made up five more nuc's. We had three other mentors going through the hives in different groups so everyone could see and ask questions.Everyone had a good time and we all learned something, and i had help working my hives,found some that needed more supers? I just worked them last week.:thumbsup: Jack
    P.S. There were around 80 to 100 members counting children attendance.

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Good show. Now where's the pics.

Glad it went well for you.

3. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Some club members were taking pics. and usually gives me copies or a CD. Now if i can get one of my 9 or 12 year old grandaughters to show me how to send them (if i get some) i'll post them.:grin: Jack
    P.S. By the way, a local TV station interviewed me about my bees a couple weeks ago, and i had people say they seen it on CNN. anyone else see it? Jack