Good day in the yard.

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by PerryBee, Jul 2, 2012.

1. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Went out and checked 4 hives I knew I couldn't wait any longer to check (according to my notes :smile:)
    2 of the 4 were making ready for swarms and all the cells were in just the right spots! :thumbsup:
    Ended up with 4 nucs, 2 with queens and 2 with cells nearing the capping stage, leaving the main hives with cells to requeen themselves. A cut-out, a swarm moving into my backyard and a few earlier splits, at this rate I'm now back up to 22, right where I was going into winter. (I lost 10).
    From here it's onward and upward. :lol:
    I am hoping to get near 35, within range of 50 for pollination next year. The government announced an incentive for keeps wanting to expand beyond 50 for pollination so I am trying to get near there by spring.

2. Hog Wild

Hog Wild New Member

Sounds like a good day to me! Tell the government if they would give you the incentive upfront you will get to 50 faster, oh sorry I forgot that's how they operate! :lol:

3. jim314

jim314 New Member

Sounds like you are are expanding rapidly, way to go :)

4. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Very good to hear you are back up to where you left off...

5. Omie

Omie New Member

Sounds great!

6. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

perry's post:
    "From here it's onward and upward. I am hoping to get near 35, within range of 50 for pollination next year. The government announced an incentive for keeps wanting to expand beyond 50 for pollination so I am trying to get near there by spring."

let me get that magic wand out for you perry......:grin:

[​IMG]