Good garage sale

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by LilWilli, Nov 13, 2009.

1. LilWilli

LilWilli Guest

Today , I picked up some future food for my girls. A guy had a box of mixed perrenials seed packets at 10 cents each----I stocked up. :thumbsup:

2. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

Lil Willi, you must be a really good guy! Not to many fellas think to buy pretty flowers for their girls so many months in advance :)

3. LilWilli

LilWilli Guest

Thank you!....I am a regular prince at that......Sorry, Omie :oops: :oops: :oops:

4. Omie

Omie Active Member

5. LilWilli

LilWilli Guest

No acceptance of my apology attempt?....Oh well....I made the overture and you deign to stay offended.
    Have a good day anyway.
    Rick~LilWilli

6. Omie

Omie Active Member

Sorry, I didn't notice your apology because it was an edit of the old post, not a new post, so it did not flag the thread for me as having any new activity.

Yes I do indeed accept your gracious apology. Thank you Rick. :)

7. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

Hey Rick,

I am always thinking about the girls, and plant accordingly, several fruit trees, and of course vegetable garden supplement the normal spring flow. :yahoo:

8. Omie

Omie Active Member

I am amazed that I still have some bok choy in my veggie garden that is blooming now through the frosts. Little yellow flowers and the girls are all over it. Bok choy, planted from seed in June...who'd a thunk??

9. LilWilli

LilWilli Guest

First off----Thank you for accepting, Omie.
    One day, the general population will come to appreciate our lifestyles and what we are doing for them without their knowledge. Until then, I am content to go on about my way, knowing that I am helping dear Mother Earth to maybe stay healthy as long as possible. :beg:

10. Omie

Omie Active Member

Like, totally!

I even have a tidy bin of special food composting earthworms in my basement- about 5000 of them happily chomp down all our kitchen scraps and in return they give me several gallons of earthworm castings every 3 months or so...garden 'black gold', which goes back into the veggie garden to help grow more vegetables for us.
    Soil, worms, veggies, bees, flowers....all working together harmoniously. Gotta love it!

11. G3farms

G3farms New Member

All you need now is a milk cow and some chickens :p :p

G3

12. LilWilli

LilWilli Guest

G3...Got the eggs almost covered. My son, next-door to me, is talking big stuff about raising chickens ASAP. I want him to get Araucanas, but I doubt he'll go for it. :lol:

13. Omie

Omie Active Member

For us, sadly, we are on the outskirts but still in village zoning....and NO chickens allowed. I wouldn't be able to hide them either.
    Luckily, the zoning law doesn't seem to mention bees...... :cool:

14. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Tell him to get them, nothing like fresh eggs, and easter eggs at that.

G3

15. Walt B

Walt B Active Member

Not to mention "green eggs and ham". :lol:

Walt

16. LilWilli

LilWilli Guest

The shells are often green speckled with black, but I do like the double -yoke aspect. :thumbsup:

17. Hobie

Hobie New Member

Omie, if you like broccoli, you may want to try planting some, too. I'm not sure how it compares to bok choy in its flowering habits. Anyway, this year I planted more than I needed. Then, when I thought a dearth might be coming, I'd let a plant or two go to flower, and the bees love 'em. Had flowers in August, and the last plants are still flowering now, despite 2 good frosts.

18. LilWilli

LilWilli Guest

I envy you, who can grow those crops. Texas weather is so oddd that I cannot do cold weather loving plants. I want those two, plus rhubarb, but the short Texas Spring and onset of murderous hot weather belay those hopes....Enjoy!!! :mrgreen: