Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today , I picked up some future food for my girls. A guy had a box of mixed perrenials seed packets at 10 cents each----I stocked up. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Lil Willi, you must be a really good guy! Not to many fellas think to buy pretty flowers for their girls so many months in advance :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No acceptance of my apology attempt?....Oh well....I made the overture and you deign to stay offended.
Have a good day anyway.
Rick~LilWilli

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
LilWilli said:
No acceptance of my apology attempt?....Oh well....I made the overture and you deign to stay offended.
Have a good day anyway.
Rick~LilWilli
Sorry, I didn't notice your apology because it was an edit of the old post, not a new post, so it did not flag the thread for me as having any new activity.

Yes I do indeed accept your gracious apology. Thank you Rick. :)

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Hey Rick,

I am always thinking about the girls, and plant accordingly, several fruit trees, and of course vegetable garden supplement the normal spring flow. :yahoo:

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I am amazed that I still have some bok choy in my veggie garden that is blooming now through the frosts. Little yellow flowers and the girls are all over it. Bok choy, planted from seed in June...who'd a thunk??

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
First off----Thank you for accepting, Omie.
One day, the general population will come to appreciate our lifestyles and what we are doing for them without their knowledge. Until then, I am content to go on about my way, knowing that I am helping dear Mother Earth to maybe stay healthy as long as possible. :beg:

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
LilWilli said:
One day, the general population will come to appreciate our lifestyles and what we are doing for them without their knowledge. Until then, I am content to go on about my way, knowing that I am helping dear Mother Earth to maybe stay healthy as long as possible. :beg:
Like, totally!

I even have a tidy bin of special food composting earthworms in my basement- about 5000 of them happily chomp down all our kitchen scraps and in return they give me several gallons of earthworm castings every 3 months or so...garden 'black gold', which goes back into the veggie garden to help grow more vegetables for us.
Soil, worms, veggies, bees, flowers....all working together harmoniously. Gotta love it!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
G3...Got the eggs almost covered. My son, next-door to me, is talking big stuff about raising chickens ASAP. I want him to get Araucanas, but I doubt he'll go for it. :lol:

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
For us, sadly, we are on the outskirts but still in village zoning....and NO chickens allowed. I wouldn't be able to hide them either.
Luckily, the zoning law doesn't seem to mention bees...... :cool:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Omie, if you like broccoli, you may want to try planting some, too. I'm not sure how it compares to bok choy in its flowering habits. Anyway, this year I planted more than I needed. Then, when I thought a dearth might be coming, I'd let a plant or two go to flower, and the bees love 'em. Had flowers in August, and the last plants are still flowering now, despite 2 good frosts.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I envy you, who can grow those crops. Texas weather is so oddd that I cannot do cold weather loving plants. I want those two, plus rhubarb, but the short Texas Spring and onset of murderous hot weather belay those hopes....Enjoy!!! :mrgreen:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts