I added a third super to my booming package a couple of weeks ago. I moved a frame of honey from positions 2 and 8 from super #2 up to super #3. However, although there a strong flow going on right now, super #3 just seemed to be slow to build out. Didn't seem to compute since the lower supers, I suspected, were either fully capped or at least getting close. So I decided to go ahead and extract the lower two today. I was having a hard time getting the top super off and when I did, out came a couple of large chunks of comb honey attached to the bottom of frames 2 and 8. My brain couldn't compute what was going on for a minute, but I bet you can guess what happened. When I moved up the honey frames from super #2 (positions 2 and 8) I forgot to replace the open space with new frames. And the bees filled every square inch with comb and gobs of honey. What a stupid thing to do...and what a mess! Here's a pic of some of the clean-up effort. There's some good comb honey there for sure, but a lot of it had larvae. Edit: I forgot to add that I presume the upper super didn't get drawn as I expected because of the resources the girls were devoting to the large gaping holes down below.