Good Photo = Free Bee stuff!

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by Hobie, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Hobie

Hobie New Member

I'm not sure how many of you get the Brushy Mountain e-newsletter, but the latest one describes a contest they are having for a cover photo for the next catalog. I thought I would post the info here, since there are several good photographers. (I would enter, but the photo must depict "beekeeping" and all my photos tend toward bees and flowers. I considered sending one of iddee catching a swarm, but then thought better of it....)

An excerpt from the newsletter follows:

Do you have a creative side? The Bee Farm is having a contest to find our 2012 catalog cover and the winner will receive $100 gift certificate to help defray the cost of their beekeeping habit. Here's what you need to do to enter. Email us your best beekeeping picture that you think would make a good cover to the catalog. In the subject line of the email you must put "Catalog Contest". Please include your full name, address, and a phone number in the body of the email and be sure the image is attached to the email. One photo per entry. The winning photo will be given to our artist to be rendered as a painting which will then be used for the cover. Photos must be received by September 30, 2011.

Here are a few things to keep in mind before sending the photo. The catalog cover is a portrait layout. We will need an area with a uniform background where we can put text. The content of the photo should convey beekeeping. The winning entry will be given credit for the photo in the 2012 catalog and a $100 gift certificate to Brushy Mountain Bee Farm.

Their email is: info@brushymountainbeefarm.com