Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It had to happen sooner or later.
I saw a posting for a job I thought I might like.
There is a huge blueberry conglom. up here in Sheffield Mills with a large U-Pick set up. They have a classy restaurant called Between the Bushes on the site as well.

http://www.betweenthebushes.ca/
http://www.betweenthebushes.ca/upick.html

Anyway, they were looking for a bus driver to drive one of a couple nice buses that picks up waiting u-pick folks and ferries them out to their rows in the blueberry fields. These buses run a a regular schedule dropping folks off and picking up those that are done picking their berries.
I had an interview this Thursday that lasted all of 8 minutes! :???: They asked if I would wear a headset and be OK with talking to folks during the ride. :lol: :rolling: :rotfl:

The short interview ended with, "We've got more people to talk to so we'll get back to you beginning of next week either way".:roll:
I got a call yesterday (Friday) saying that I was the successful candidate. It's only for 7 or 8 weeks but it should be fun.
Now I gotta go home and practice being nice to people!

P.S. - they also now know I keep honey bees! :wink:

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
All I could see is a bus full of beekeepingforums.com members riding the short bus to the berry field with you at the wheel and Iddee at the back yelling pull over.:rolling: seriously couldnt think of a better guy for the job congrats

·
Registered
983 Posts
Don't be surprised if they offer something permanent after they see you in action Perry! Congrats, sounds really fun...
Smells good, happy for you Perry:grin::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
perry says~
"They asked if I would wear a headset and be OK with talking to folks during the ride. :lol: :rolling:"

i would like to be a passenger on your bus perry!
That reminds me of the Simpsons!

busdriver.JPG

(except he needs a beard!)

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts