Got away with it

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by brooksbeefarm, Jun 17, 2012.

1. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Had a hive with a laying worker, tried putting frames of brood with eggs in it from other hives. Tried this twice and they refused to raise a queen, well i took the hive out about a hundred ft. and shook them out. I then put another frame of brood with eggs in the hive and set the hive back where it was,i checked it 10 days later and all the brood frame was capped over, (no queen cells started?) This was around 2:00pm. The hive next to it was building up slow (started from a nuc) so i took the no queen hive and set it on top of the slow build up hive, no newspapper just took the bottom board off the queenlees hive and lid off the other hive and set the queenless hive on top of the queen right hive. I did remove everything from where the queenless hive was (concrete blocks and all),. Well i went back that evening and they were just one big happy family, no fighting,:thumbsup: This was two weeks ago and the front entrance is alive with bees, will look inside next week (when i get time) to see what's going on.:grin: Jack

2. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

Minimal fighting all considered you were spared lol Good Job!!!
    Barry

3. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Interesting....I have been tempted a few times to just skip the newspaper....

4. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

I didn't have any newspaper with and was getting tired of babying them, so i just stacked them and thought, winner take all.:lol: Jack

5. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Ha! Kinda sounds like my attitude after the fourth or fifth call I make to a household where the families are fighting...too hot for the kitchen, get out!