Got it!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PerryBee, Aug 31, 2013.

1. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Yesterday the final subjects were removed on a piece of property Jane and I put an offer on. :thumbsup:
    Subject to any lawyers problems it is effectively ours. I found this online a couple of weeks ago, It was a bank sale, the old house had been removed by the bank as it was unlivable, but the well and septic remain. We low-balled it and got it! :lol:
    It is about 15 minutes from our driveway and may well end up (probably) being the new home of Brandt's Bees. While the honey house is up here in Wolfville, I was always worried about the possibilty of a massive bee invasion during extracting, and the possible repercussions of that. We had been looking for parcel of land for a while, but nothing cheap was available. When this popped up we made our move.
    I will probably leave the existing honey house where is and just re-purpose it, and look to put something else on the property (maybe one of those future steel buildings or some such thing). It is on a newly paved road, and has the most fantastic willow tree right smack in the middle.

http://beta.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?PropertyId=13530659#

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Nice looking lot. Compared to this area, great price, too, and we are considered a low price real estate area.

Happy for you.

3. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Good looking piece of property Perry.:thumbsup: Wonder who will enjoy it the most, you or the bees.:lol: Jack

4. Walt B

Walt B Active Member

Congratulations. :yahoo:please keep us posted on how things are going.

Walt

5. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Good for you Perry! Congratulations!

6. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

It looks like a great place for many kinds of endeavors. Have fun and good luck! :)

7. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

Congrats Perry. It was listed at 19,900 What which in any place is a good price. and you Low-balled your offer? what did you get it for? Any honey house you build should be built with the Agri Foods Canada guidelines in mind. in case you go to the next level and ship honey to PEI, Newfoundland, New Brunswick. and they come knocking at your door. Or for when they change the rules again and make ones qualify to sell honey at any other venue than direct to customer sales.

8. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

Good for you Buddy. :thumbsup:

9. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

15 even :wink: :thumbsup:

10. kebee

kebee Active Member

Wow! Perry wish I could come out on a deal like that, I think you got a great deal, cannot even get an acre around here for that. Hey and use it to your advantage.

Ken

11. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Perry Buddy, I feel your excitement. I feel your joy. I join you in looking forward to the succesful expansion of Brandt's Bees enterprise. I'm sure you'll find a worthwhile alternative use for your newly built honey house. Keep expanding. The future looks great. Keep on moving up and up. :grin::grin::grin:

12. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

The bank definitely wanted it off it's books. 25% off sale. What you saved will go a long way towards building a honey house. How many nucs and hives is the new honey house going to cost you? Congrats on the great buy Perry.

13. marios

marios New Member

nice perry
    when you decide to go around looking at honey houses give me a call i will go with you:thumbsup:

14. Papakeith

Papakeith New Member

great buy Perry, congrats.

15. BoilerJim

BoilerJim New Member

Wow. Exciting news, Perry. Congrats ! :thumbsup: