Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the help of Iddee and Rob.

The farm across the road has 65+ acres of mostly hardwood forest and about 12 acres of fields The son called me around 2pm.

Small swarm about 16 feet up - easily accessed using the bobcat bucket. I directed the nuc box and Iddee shook the limb - only problem my position of the box was poor and Iddee covered himself in bees. Me too but no tags at all.

I have few pics but neighbors took plenty - will get them later tonight.

Exciting day and I am still waiting on my originally ordered nucs But now have two hives. The hive I got back in mid March now has 4 supers. Added the 4 th today as 3 rd from last week is fully drawn and full of honey too.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
"And Iddee covered himself in bees"

Now what can a person say about that nugget of information? :mrgreen:

Congrats on a succesful catch! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Glad to hear you got a swarm put up :thumbsup:

You could not have any better help!!

Can't wait for the pics.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Great pics thanks!! Glad you got that swarm put up.

Iddee you just have a way of attracting the ladies. :lol:

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Fantastic pics, thanks for sharing.

I think the one with Iddee covered in bees is priceless.

Great to have folks like Iddee and Rob that close, almost makes me want to move there!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well the small swarm is working well today - already seeing pollen being brought in which is good news. Will leave it a week and change to my box on weekend as Iddee left a frame of drone brood and one of honey and pollen for them - I made a quick plywood "catch box" today which will take 5 or 6 frames, so will use that till big enough for STD deep

·
Registered
978 Posts
only problem my position of the box was poor and Iddee covered himself in bees.
I see Iddee had a good day... lol

If I had a dollar for every time Iddee covered himself in bees, I'd be a richer man.

Congrats on a good catch though... those girls fanning, man I've caught some big swarms and never had that many out front fanning like that... most I get is 10-20.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts