Got the Minneapolis Moline RTI industrial home today

Discussion in 'The Rural Life' started by riverrat, Jun 4, 2013.

1. riverrat

riverrat New Member

Got her home today the Moline is painted Highway Department Red. Not sure if it was issued to a state or not going to run the numbers through the moline archives and get a build sheet and where it went to when purchased new. A nice running little tractor. moline.jpg

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Looks good. Will be looking for the restored pics about Monday. :D

3. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm Active Member

Moline tractors were one of the top of the line tractors in there hey day.:thumbsup: Several farmers around me still use them. They are a well built tractor, good luck and enjoy rat.:cool: Jack

4. riverrat

riverrat New Member

be tuesday :grin: all around good tractor. It had a LULL loader on it when I found it. I did what most people do with them. Had the old owner remove it and scrap it for crack.

5. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

Those look like car tires on front. Is that normal?

6. riverrat

riverrat New Member

most RTI's you see today have car tires on them. They came out factory with a wide grooved tire that looked more like an Implement tire than a tractor tire

7. bamabww

bamabww Active Member

Those were solid built tractors. Good luck on the project and with the boss for bringing it home.

8. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

I'm not an up to date on old tractors kind of guy, but that looks to be bigger and heavier than say the old Fords (8n-9n). Looking at it, it must be a bit of a bear to turn the old steering wheel?

9. riverrat

riverrat New Member

No power steering she dont turn as well as the old universal fall in a hole and take your thumbs off narrow front ends :grin:. I drained the old gas out and cleaned the tank today. Talk about some stinking fuel. going to redcoat the inside tomorrow and hope to have it running in the next day or 2. Suprisingly I took the carb fuel bowl off and it was clean. Im thinking the guy shut the gass off and let the tractor run until carb was empty.

10. Iddee

Iddee New Member

The tractor sucks gas from the top of the bowl. If the bowl was empty, it has been removed and emptied. The carb won't suck it dry.

11. riverrat

riverrat New Member

bowl was full and gas shut off to the bowl. The line leading to the carb and an inline filter was empty. I should have been clearer and said the float bowl on the carb was clean.

12. riverrat

riverrat New Member

new fuel bowl set up, rewired and done away with cloth wiring. added new fuel line, filed and set points. poured gas in the tractor hit the start button. Before I had a chance to pull choke out it fired and started on its first revelution and purred like a kitten couldnt be happier. Need to hook up generator and rework the foot throttle linkage and she will be ready to go. Got to love them old 6 volt positive ground tractors:thumbsup: