Got the tiller dirty tis weekend,

Discussion in 'General Gardening' started by Yankee11, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Yankee11

Yankee11 New Member

Garden dried out and I was able to get the tiller dirty. Boy O Boy did it feel good. Slept like a baby last night. After taking some Ibuprofen :grin: It rained all day today so everthing is watered in well and warm all week after tomorrow. Looks like some 70's by next weekend.

Planted 2-100 ft rows of potatoes. A 100 ft row of Broccoli and cabbage. and 2-100ft rows of Sweet/English peas.
    Then got my raised salad bed planted. 3 different kinds of lettuce, onions and radishes.

Strawberries are starting to bloom. I have 5 raised beds of strawberries and a 100ft row in the garden.

Blueberry, Plum and Peach trees are fixing to pop open. Can see the colors of the blooms. By end of week.

Chickens have really picked up their laying.

And bees are flying like mad.

It's all good.

2. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

I'm happy for you! :D We've been wanting to get taters in the ground for a couple of weeks now, but the ground is like a wet sponge. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, but sunny for the rest of the week after that. Hopefully next weekend we can get the garden turned over. Right now, though, the henbit in the garden is full of bees, so that's a good thing. :)

3. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Our ground is still frozen. :sad:
    But I will happily garden with you vicariously! :lol:

4. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Sounds good...ground is not ready here yet. But, you have reminded me to plant cold weather veggies earlier this year.

5. Yankee11

Yankee11 New Member

Ok Perry,

Grab ahold and get to work.

2013-03-08_16-41-28_266.jpg

Slowmodem,
    Where is Euchee, TN. We used to live in Knoxville, both kids where born in Knoxville. Gonna go back someday. Watts bar is around Knoxville isn't it.

6. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

Euchee is close to Ten Mile (we use the same zip code). It's about half way between Chattanooga and Knoxville in Meigs County. About 5 miles north of Watts Bar Dam on the eastern shore (where the red star is).

[​IMG]

7. Minz

Minz Member

We hit almost 60 and I got some spring fever myself. Put some paint on the garden chairs and cold frame (kids did it, got as much paint on the ground as the wood). I got peas, kohlrabi, beets and some radish in the raised beds. Last frost date here is tax day, April 15[SUP]th[/SUP]. Tomatoes and peppers started on the table inside. I am having more problems getting motivated than normal this year.