gotta love swarm season

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by Zookeep, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

was at work and got the call, swarm bit bigger then a football hanging 8 feet off the ground 20 min away, had all the gear in the truck( for once) sweet catch, went back after dark and picked up the nuc and its heavy.( ok forumpost stalker have fun) this 1 was worth the 1k mark:thumbsup:, the younger guy on the right will be mentoring with me over the next few months in the yards and I plan on taking a frame of eggs from cone-o-bees and teaching him how to raise a nuc and after its up and running it will become his 1st hive, he has a bee tree in the yard where he rents a house, the old guy owns the property and said the hives been in the old tree for many years and I will be on call from now on for swarms.

Attached Files:

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Alright! It was worth the wait! :lol: :thumbsup:
    Nice catch. What is that queen cage doing sitting on the top bars? Did you find the queen and cage her?

(And THANKS for not keeping Iddee and tec in suspense). :mrgreen:

3. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

yep I found her, after I knocked the branch and 99% of the bees hit the box she was holding onto the branch for dear life:lol:

4. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

Sounds like a great day! :)

5. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Just can't beat a free swarm and a new keep all in one day :thumbsup:.