Grease the van and check the air con Shrine air rides again

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by riverrat, Jul 16, 2011.

1. riverrat

riverrat New Member

Got a new trip scheduled to drive to the shrine hospital july 31st this one going to be special. A 2 1/2 year old boy who is making his first trip to what will be a childhood full of 9 hour drives one way to the hospital on monthly and sometimes weekly bases. And with great hope its all followed by a life time of dancing with his wife and playing hide and seek with his children andsome day grand children. That thought there just paid my wages for the trip

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Re: Grease the van and check the air con Shrine air rides ag

Rat you just about make me weepy eyed posting that. :cry:

You are the man for sure, have safe travels and keep them kids laughing the whole way!!

3. Murrell

Murrell New Member

I just want to say THANKS to the Shriner Members and their Hospitals.

Murrell

4. riverrat

riverrat New Member

its kind of ironic for me as this young man begins a journey to get on his feet and walk. My youngest son begins a journey of his own at the same time Im pulling out. Just 3 blocks away on a bus headed to oklahoma city to catch a plane to san deigo to begin his new life as a united state marine corps recruit. Hope they both grow to dance one day. I think this young man is going to hold a little peice of my heart for years to come.I hope I'm able to drive him on many of his trips to st louis. No man never stood so tall as a man who stooped to help a child

5. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

"Rat",
    Maybe the time has come for you to change you username to be more in keeping with your true status. How about "driverhero". I hope it's clear that I'm not saying this in jest---People become great men by doing all sorts of seemingly little good deeds. May many others learn from your actions. :thumbsup:

6. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

Rat:
    Thank you sir, for your participation in this very worthy endeavor. My Granddaughter has benefitted from the Shriners hospital in Erie, PA. They live in Cleveland, OH so her dad usually drives her, but the 2 times she had to go to Chicago they went in the van. We are all thankful that there are people like you out there who really care for others. God bless you.
    Rodger

7. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

As a PS to my previous post, good luck to your son who is going off to defend our country, from a former U.S.Army NCO.

8. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

Bless da rat. And sor, son o' rat. May the universe smile on you all all the days of your lives.

9. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

:goodpost: Amen

10. riverrat

riverrat New Member

got a second boy riding along with the first to the shrine this one for a check up he lives here in town going to be a fun trip. Thanks for all the well wishes its quite humbling