Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Cool site! I tried to figure sugar water for 2 gal. It came up with 36 pounds of sugar I need?

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
By the way the bees are reacting. if they are defensive easly excitable when other hives are open and the are looking to rob then there could be a derth. Put a hive on a scale and see what it reads from week to week.

·
Super Moderator
3,543 Posts
old post, old dead links. Hard to keep going in this business, the internet for beekeepers business

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a quick question for anyone. I recently did a cutout, I have some regular looking honey bees and but there are smaller almost black honey bees in there with them. Anyone have any idea what type these might be?

·
Super Moderator
3,543 Posts
European honeybees, maybe with some german blood. If they're not too hot I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Now I have another question?? Found the girls hauling the queen out dead today 5/26/21. I am guessing she was injured during the cut out from the building. She was alive after four days when I did the first check... Should I order a new Queen or wait and see if they make a new one? Any suggestions would be great ..

·
Super Moderator
3,543 Posts
I sure missed this post, didn't show up as new. How's it going Larry?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I sure missed this post, didn't show up as new. How's it going Larry?
Well they made queen cells I kept only two of them and it has been almost two weeks since they hatched still have not seen either one of them back. Hopefully soon. So I may be buying a Queen

1 - 19 of 19 Posts