Great Dane puppy is initiated...

Discussion in 'Beekeeping 101' started by Yankee11, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Yankee11

Yankee11 New Member

We have a black Great Dane puppy about a year old. He loves to put his nose on things. Funny, baby chicks or whatever, he just loves to feel with his nose.

Ran down to the hives this afternoon and put his nose against one of the hive openings. Yep, wife and daughter
    pulled out 7 stingers from his nose and tongue.

I am still laughing thinking about that big ole nose and tongue hanging out, breathing that hot breath right in the opening of a hive. :shock:

Weird part is that the wife and daughter have just been treating him so good all night. I got my eye swelled shut couple weeks ago and they just laughed at me for 3 days. Guess I know whos higher on the ole totum pole.

2. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

You've got a smart wife and daughter---they know who should know better and from whom they should expect more. :rotfl:

3. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

at some point everything and everyone must learn some basic things all on their own. no amount of scolding or tongue wagging will alter this reality.

I do love dogs and in some ways most 'dog people'. a great dane of almost any age is quite delightful to watch...

4. G3farms

G3farms New Member

You are looking at this all wrong, the one on the bottom of the totem pole has to be the strongest of them all and can carry all of the weight..............well sounded good to me anyway.........and the eye swelled shut, I would have laughed too!!

5. letitbee

letitbee New Member

Yesterday when I came home from "breadwinning", I walked in the house and asked what smelled so good, my fiance was cooking hamburger and rice for the dogs for dinner and then she was going shopping with her mother so she asked me if I wanted " a sandwich or something" before she left. My totem pole is heavy!:cool:

6. blueblood

blueblood New Member

I like that way you think G3...good stuff for me living in a house full of women....!

Letibee: I would have marched to my local Cheeseburgers in Paradise and chowed down...may totem be lightened my friend...:grin:

7. Iddee

Iddee New Member

The dogs would have been hungry. I love rice and hamburger gravy.

8. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Ha! Iddee! Your'e a character for sure...

9. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

One of my faves too! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

10. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

That sounds good!

11. riverrat

riverrat New Member

my black male dane did the same thing when he was a pup. Took him 4 shots at it before he finally caught on and stayed back from the stinging box:grin:

12. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

well, I guess my chow/german mutts smart then cause she got nailed just the once and wont go on that side of the yard again:lol: funny thing is she hunts the bees on her side of the yard and eats them 1 at a time.

13. G3farms

G3farms New Member

:lol::lol:

The bees have their side and she has her side..........period.

14. Beeboy

Beeboy New Member

My blue heeler puppy got it awhile back. She still goes with me when I, checking on the bees, but she has learned to stay behind the hives a safe distance.