Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my son and i were at the hives today and were watching them go in and out and we noticed 2 green bees....not born that way bees but looked like they dunked in lime kool aid :confused: the hole thing... a fuzzy green honey bee...not a mutant drone either....what in tarnation would make a bee turn green ??? :mrgreen: yea...just like that ???

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no no no....it was one off ''my'' bees that was green....Tecumseh...i dont think so...i got a real good look at it....it wasnt powdered with pollon....it looked..........dyed.........wasnt Omie saying something about bees turning red from marishino cherry syrup....i mean it was only two that i saw but ''green'' ???????

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i can try to get a pic....but them bees were ''NOT'' happy to see me yesterday...i should learn not to mess with them after the rain :/

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
I have several of the Peterson Field Guides that I have been studying on my own for several years. Every time I see a different bug, bloom, or leaf that I do not recognize out comes the books. Most of them run in the $20 range. Rast you know stuff that I have no clue about, so you need to be proud of yourself also ;)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol...i think the nuc plant exsplains it....the green bees are from the feral hive an i caught them a meer 20 miles south of there...now if i could get one to glow for the camera....if it had a big silver spike through its eyeball an baggy stripes id go with the teenager thing.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Do green bees produce green honey?

It'd turn me green with envy. :rotfl:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lmao....good one EM....i could market it for saint pattys day....im real suprised Omie hasnt posted in on this one lol...come on Omie...i know ya got a good joke fer this :)

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Omie you didn't disappoint!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:yahoo: thats what i was waiting for...lmao !!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts