Greetings from Eau Claire Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by zweefer, Feb 27, 2014.

1. zweefer

zweefer New Member

Hello all! I just placed an order for my first two nucs, so I guess there is no turning back now. It has been a brutal winter up here in the Midwest - hoping it doesn't carry over into the spring. Not really sure what else to ramble about, so I think I'll leave it at that...

2. CatskillHoneyBee

CatskillHoneyBee New Member

Nice to meet you....it's been brutal here too! Cabin fever starting to rear its ugly head....

3. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Welcome Zw! It has been quite the winter. We are south of ya here in Indiana but we have had very cold weather and lots of snow. In fact, looking at another storm Sunday.

4. kebee

kebee Active Member

Welcome Zweefer, glad to have you here with us on the forum, be like the rest of us ask all the question you want. I am even wanting the spring to hurry up here, we have had some cold days of course not as you have but enough for me.

Ken

5. zweefer

zweefer New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome all!
    It's -11, -30 with the wind chill... Knowing I have two sets of equipment to get up and running isn't helping the cabin fever!
    I am sure I'll be posting with tons of questions / updates as time goes on.

6. Americasbeekeeper

Americasbeekeeper New Member

7. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

Welcome zweefer have a look around and ask any questions that you may have. So what hive setup are you going with and did you take a bee course or learning as you go approach.

8. zweefer

zweefer New Member

My wife's grandfather is an old beekeeper who has agreed to show me the ropes. So it will be a bit learn as I go, but I will have an awesome mentor to help me become acclimated.

9. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

gratz on the teacher, gonna help alot, and welcome to the forum, I myself am learning from a beek who has been at it since 1945 lol.