Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd drop in and check out the site. Lots of familiar names here.

I founded French Hill Apiaries in 1974. I'm located in northwest Vermont, and have apiaries on both sides...VT and NY..of the northern Champlain valley. This valley is a special place. Wonderful honey flows, and great nutrition for raising nucs and queens. This winter, my 34 apiaries contain 760 production colonies, 450 nucleus colonies wintering in double nuc boxes, and 250 mating nucs.

I'm a firm believer in beekeeping education. As past president of the Vermont Beekeepers Association, I helped change the group from a good ole boy bunch talking about the most gruesome way to kill bears and skunks...with maybe 30 attendees at a meeting...to an educational association with a workshop series, mentor program, a statewide network of local clubs, and now a queen rearing program. We outgrew our forever winter meeting location last January with some 130 attending. I hope to be of some help here.

Beekeeping success is spelled education.
Mike

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Hi there! Great to have you here. I really look forward to reading your posts and learning all I can. My kids and I have only had bees for the last few seasons and still have MUCH to learn.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
snip..
Beekeeping success is spelled education.

tecumseh:
and all men to that...

look forward to readin' your post...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mama Beek said:
Hi there! Great to have you here. I really look forward to reading your posts and learning all I can. My kids and I have only had bees for the last few seasons and still have MUCH to learn.

You and I both, Mama. So much to learn...so little time!

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Hello Michael and welcome to the forum, glad to have you aboard!! It is great to have another beek with you experience here.

G3

1 - 11 of 11 Posts